Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 3:06 PM

The sports dude is calling it quits.

Well, the sports dude has decided to hang it up, call it quits and ride off into the sunset… for a post at least, that is! Hah, did I scare you? Probably not, but at least I thought I would attempt it anyway. I am, however, partially telling the truth because, for a post at least, going to hang up my sports blogging shoes and take a ride down non-sports blogging lane and discuss something that has been mentioned quite a bit here lately – the hot chick.

See, this entire post comes from a conversation I had with my brother in law last weekend about said hot chick and I was wondering if anyone else out there had ever experienced anything like this before. For the record I would like to mention two things right off the bat – one, I am happily married (and yes, I stress the HAPPILY part) and two I have no desire or intentions to pursue anything with said hot chick. Not that there is anything to pursue, for the most part it has just been fun conversations and the like, but I just wanted to throw those disclaimers out there so that people did not think the sports dude was some cheater or evil bastard. However, what I wanted to discuss and get people’s comments on, I hope, is the conversation that my brother in law and I had on the hot chick and get some other peoples perspectives on it.

As you all are aware of by now, at least the two of you that read on a daily basis, in my Thursday literature class there is one extremely hot chick that I have enjoyed several nice conversations with and even walked her to her car a couple times, seeing how she was mugged recently and all, I figured I would be nice and offer. Not that the sports dude is exactly “ripped” or anything, actually nothing could be farther from the truth, but rather safety does come in numbers and I just felt like being nice. The point of the conversation my brother in law and I had was how different it is now that I have nothing to lose, as does he because he is also HAPPILY married and he himself, being a recent college grad, has experienced this same thing recently as well. What we were saying is that, since we had nothing to lose, we were more likely to talk to the said hot chicks in classes and engage ourselves in their company because, at this stage in life, we really have nothing to lose one way or the other.

What do you mean by that sports dude, what the hell are you talking about? Well, what I am saying is that, back in my earlier college days when I was “unhappily” single and looking for dates, him and I both agreed that there was no way in hell that we would have even fathomed having a conversation of any sort with a hot chick, it just wasn’t something we would have done. See, believe it or not, on the surface I may seem like a rather confident and out going guy, but underneath it all I am this shy little shit that had a hard time finding dates because I just had a hard time approaching women, it just wasn’t me. But now, seeing how I am off the market, have no intentions of going back on the market, happy and like I said have nothing to lose, I am enjoying college life like I should have in the first place, with a “who gives a shit” attitude about what people think of me. I am what I am, why not strike up a conversation with a hot chick and see what happens, and this semester I did just that and it worked. (There were no hot chicks last semester so I didn’t get the opportunity to have this type of fun before now.) Don’t get me wrong, I am not “playing” hot chick either, by that I mean not only do I have my wedding ring on the left finger (AKA branded) we had a group discussion a couple weeks ago about a book in which the main character went to Jamaica and I openly talked about my honeymoon there in front of the whole class. See, I am not trying to play her either, she as well as the rest of the class knows this man is married, but like I said it is just fun for me to experience life with confidence all of a sudden, you know, and talk to the hot chick and not be scared shitless about it.

So has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? Is the sports dude a horrible person for enjoying his college experience like this? What do you all think? Like I said, there are no intentions, there is no doubt that everyone knows I am married, all this is, basically, is what my brother in law and I said, a “nothing to lose” type of adventure. Agree? Disagree? Or are all of you saying “shut up sports dude, get back to sports dude?” Hey, feedback is fun; let me know what you think, later – the sports dude.

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?