Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 at 3:49 PM

What is this? Is it really a post? Hell yeah!!

Man, this old blog of mine is really getting lame, isn’t it? Seems like ever since I got put in the pages of “Deadspin” that my blog has taken a turn for the worse, kind of like the Madden jinx I suppose. I would like to thank you all for continuing to check, I promise to be a better blogger in the future, but damn if life isn’t moving at a hundred miles a minute. For the most part I have missed some sort of hockey scandal (not that I care for hockey!) that involves “The Great One” and his wife, whats-her-face. Kind of reminds me of basketballs great conspiracy theory from back in the day, you know when Jordan “retired” from basketball right around the time some bookie slips were found with his name on it. Come on people, we all know he didn’t retire right? We all know that Stern and him had some behind the scenes deal to just disappear for awhile until it all blew over. I mean, can you imagine the shit storm if Stern had to ban Jordan, who was the NBA for Christ sakes, for life because of it? Just thought that I would mention it because I have always loved that one.

So, what else is going on? Well, the Winter Olympics but again I chalk that up in the “does anyone really care” category. Are there really any interesting sports going on in the Winter Olympics? I mean you have figure skating (both female, male and NHL versions) and skiing, but again I say does anyone care? I haven’t watched a lick, at least not on purpose, and until the NBA resumes next week will be happy taking some time off from sports.

Baseball has begun again; the catchers and pitchers have started to report for active duty. The Lions have hired Mike Martz for the seventh time, the Wolverines finally got smart and dumped Herrmann and Malone, the Spartans and Wolverines in basketball seem to be forgetting that you are suppose to win more than lose and tomorrow I have my literature class with super hot chick again. That about sums it up right there, except for the NBA All-Star game with four Pistons (long overdue recognition) and the second half with Dallas and San Antonio on our tails for the best record there is little to discuss. I look forward to seeing Flip insert all four guys at one time but then I hope he rests them and wears the hell out of the rest of the guys on the roster.

Now let me put forth my opinion on the hot topic of the week, Darko and Arroyo for spare change, a broken player and some first round pick eventually. I have yet to read other bloggers opinions on it, I will do that after posting mine here, but here is what I think and I hope I am not stealing any thunder. I will start by saying that I am tired of hearing about Bosh, about Wade, and anyone else the Pistons passed to take “Busto”, I mean Darko. Look, I distinctly remember that draft and there were only three names being mentioned hot and heavy folks, Lebron, Darko and Carmelo, that was it. If I recall no one at that time had any clue that Wade would be what he is today, no one thought Bosh was going to be this solid. Everyone knew that Lebron was going to Cleveland so it was simply a matter of Darko or Carmelo for the Pistons, plain and simple. I think we all know that Carmelo had no place to play on this team (I still would take Prince over him any day) so why not take a chance on Darko? It was a project, we all know it, but the project is failing because the project doesn’t want to sit, learn and be patient for the next three years until Ben retires or ‘Sheed retires. Quite frankly the project has turned into a whining little bitch that simply “wants to play”, doesn’t want to work for it, doesn’t feel he should earn it, so quite frankly here is you ticket out of town buddy, enjoy your time on a perennial loser of a team like Orlando.

As far as the trade itself if I was the Pistons I would take the first rounder in any way, shape or form, get it while the getting is good. Cato is a salary dump, that is about it, and the first rounder could be useful to get a point guard in here to learn from Billups now (I just don’t trust Acker) and sit and watch like Darko should have. Does this mean Darko is a failure or that Joe is a lousy GM? In my mind no, how many teams can take the #2 pick in the draft simply for the hell of it? Not too many, that is for sure. They took it because they really just were drafting a project for themselves, what the hell else can you say? The project failed, but ask yourself this (as I stated before) did anyone know what Bosh and Wade would become? Furthermore, what makes you think Bosh would have played, wouldn’t he still have been behind Rasheed, Ben and McDyess? How about Wade, don’t you think he would have been behind Rip and Prince? Wade was a starter from day one in Miami, he would not have had that luxury here, and so what makes anyone think he would have gotten the chance to develop like this? Quite frankly I don’t think he would have and we all would be saying this following statement:

“DAMN MAN, LOOK AT DARKO DOWN THERE PLAYING IN (INSERT LOTTERY TEAMS NAME HERE), CAN YOU BELIEVE WE PASSED HIM UP AT #2 FOR WADE’BOSH? THOSE CATS ARE JUST SITTING AT THE END OF THE BENCH, TAKING UP SPACE, CRYING ABOUT MINUTES AND NOT EARNING A DAMN THING… ESCEPT A PAYCHECK.”

Funny how things work, doesn’t it? I still think it was a good move, I still think Darko will be a decent pro someday, but he is just too impatient and clearly doesn’t want to wait. Wish granted, here is your ticket out of town and playing time, just don’t feel bad why the Pistons are still winning Championships the next couple years and you are playing, just on a team that is struggling to finish at .500.

That is it, more later (I hope) so until then see you all later! The sports dude.

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?