Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 10:35 AM

The Friday List

Well, well, well, two posts in one week, which is almost unheard of in these parts isn’t it? Man it is really sad what I have let my blog become but I am not going to waste your time with sorrow, instead I will try and share some brief thoughts with you quickly. Here is something that I am going to try and stick to, a Friday list of things that happened in the week that I feel were of note.

Lions presser – I only listened to bits and pieces of it, work has been just as busy as school, but the pedigree is definitely there. Henderson seems like he will play defense the way Marinelli wants it and Martz is a genius, right? I tell you what, if he even turns Joey into “serviceable” then I will buy a t-shirt that says “E=M(artz)C2” because I still don’t think Joey will ever be worth a damn.

Pistons trade – Darko and Arroyo to Orlando for 8.5 million in cap relief and a first round pick in 2027. Look, I think we all know Darko was never going to play enough here, there was just no way. Arroyo didn’t fit, but I hope Joe sticks to his word and tries to send Cato to someone for another PG. My final thought on the “great debate” is this, Darko was the best option for the Pistons at #2 at that time, life goes on, and that is that. Carmelo would not have fit; Wade and Bosh were not household names, period, and end of story.

Tigers in spring training – that’s right folks, love springs eternal! The Tigers are back to torment us yet again with dreams of a winning season and hope, yes hope. I think we all can say that all we really want is a damn winning season, crap I will take two games over .500 at this point! I think that is along the lines of what you will but it is, at least, a start.

NBA All-Star Game – well, it is this weekend and when I am not studying for my damn midterm on Monday I hope to watch, but only to see the Pistons enter all at once. I also can not wait to see what sorry sap gets to be the fifth man with the Pistons and watch as they totally shut him out of the offense. Yeah, that’s right fifth man, you will see what team ball is all about bitch! Lastly, if I were Flip, I would play them for maybe five minutes in the first half, five in the second, and then run the rest of the Eastern Stars into the ground.

U of M and MSU basketball – what the hell guys? Are you trying to compete for the team that has the worse record than the other? Shit, they are both playing like crap right now.

The Olympics – is anyone really watching? Me, I have not watched a lick, but that is because there are no real good events in the Winter Olympics. Hockey? Yeah right, that is the same damn thing as figure skating; just the players are a lot uglier. I would have liked to have seen some of the snow boarding events, the skiing events, and even the luge and bobsled are pretty cool, but beyond that I say “why bother?”

Gretzky – old news, but I still find it funny, how the hell are you going to bring down “The Great One?” It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Super Hot Chick – come on, how could I not mention her? Had my Thursday class with her last night and, as always, it was enjoyable.

Peace out and I will talk to you all soon – the sports dude.

Blogger Ian C. said...

Sports Dude, what did the Hot Chick think of the Darko trade?

And does she think Martz will save the career of Joey Harrington?  

~

Blogger the sports dude said...

Oh Ian, how you love to tormnet me about the hot chick. Actually I did find out last night that she is, as of right now, major in public relationships hoping to get a job with a sports team some day, how about them apples! I did not, however, ask her about the Darko trade or the mad scientist, I was too busy drooling over the fact that she is a sports nut wrapped up in a nice hot shell.

All right, sue me, I'll stop with the hot chick talk if you all want, but give me a break, hot chick rules!  

~

Blogger the sports dude said...

If it makes you feel any better there sports pig I do not believe it myself!  

~

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?