Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Friday, January 14, 2005 at 3:01 PM

Weekend Sports Cast.

Rams .vs. Falcons - here is my upset special of the week. Why? Simply because it seems that whenever a coach is on the hot seat, that team somehow seems to string together some victories. I just don't know about Vick yet and the Falcons, although they are young and on the rise, they did lose to the Lions this year. That has to count against them, right? Mike Martz will pull off the upset, in turn upsetting his critics because it makes it that much harder to justify shit canning him.
Rams win on a last second field goal; 31-30.

Vikings .vs. Eagles - well, no contest here. The NFC got even weaker when my Cinderella Packers acted un-Cinderella like last week, getting trounced and mooned by the Vikings in Lambeau. The Eagles make it to another NFC title game, their fourth in a row, but after that it is anyone's guess! And my guess won't come until next week.
Eagles win big in this game; 38-17

Jets .vs. Steelers - for some reason this is a hard pick for me, kind of a toss up game. But I will give the nod to the Steelers because they are at home and for none other reason than that. Nice young QB match up in this one, putting the Rookie of the Year Roethlesberger ( spelling? ) against another talented youngster, Chad Pennington. Steelers defense is too much for a not 100% Pennington to handle, plus he is on the road.
Steelers win; 27-20

Colts .vs. Patriots - all I am going to say on this one is that whoever wins this game goes to the Super Bowl and most likely wins it. This may be Peyton Manning's best chance because the Pat's secondary is made up of one of their best receivers, Troy Brown, and some rookies and cast offs. Plus, Ty Law is out for the rest of the playoffs and he gave the Colts receivers fits last year and in the first game of the season between these two. However, as long as my boy Brady is in the playoffs I can not pick against him.
Pats win; 31-24

Well, hopefully I can only improve upon my record of 1-3 last weekend, it can only get better right? RIGHT? Well until next week, when we meet again god bless, god speed and have a safe weekend! The Sports Dude.

Blogger Dan Joseph said...

Who would have thought the Falcons would make it this far. Nice picks this weekend.  

~

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?