Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 at 8:56 AM

Moss on trade block; Lions interested?

The radio station that I listen to in the morning, WDFN the Fan, had a segment this morning about Randy Moss being on the trade block. It is official, the Vikings are looking to move the guy. Now, for the record, the Lions as far as the show knew were not officially interested. In fact, among the teams they listed as interested were the Ravens and the Falcons. ( Lets see, that would be Vick and Moss against McNabb and T.O. in the NFC Title game next year, so let us just cancel the season and save injuries. ) The guys were just talking about Randy Moss, his talent and should the Lions put out "feelers" and see what the asking price is? And, if they did, who or what would you be willing to give up?

For the record, even if it is a steal, I am not for putting Randy Moss on any team of mine, and I can not see the Lions bringing him on board. Crap, Mooch had his fill of cocksucker receivers ( please see Terrell Owens and his years with Mooch in San Fran ), do you really think he wants another? Especially another who is ten times worse? Please, Mooch would pack up his bags and leave for the hills. Besides, for the record, Moss is worse than T.O. and I can not believe I am typing those words! Talent or not, if you don't have the attitude, then you are a cancer in the locker room. I guarantee you that if Moss is gone the Vikings will have one of the best seasons they have ever known. Why? Because they found the cure for their cancer - trading Randy Moss. I hope the Lions are not that stupid, I can not see it happening anyway, and I don't want him here anyhow - done.

Now, hypothetically speaking, the station then went into what the Lions would give up for Moss. The one guy said, in a heart beat, Roy Williams and a draft pick. Someone called in and said they would rather move Charles Rogers than Williams with that draft pick. The radio host then said no way, Rogers is a better prospect than Williams, and there is no way he would move Rogers over Williams. This is where I disagree. Sorry, if you had to move either of those guys - Rogers or Williams - in a heart beat I would move Rogers. Without a doubt, without even blinking or hesitating, the answer is Rogers all the time. I still think he was a risky pick and I still think he will be a mediocre receiver at best. The future star of the Lions is Williams, hands down, and there is no doubt in my mind that Rogers is just going to be Williams' "compliment" receiver. I just about drove off the road when the dude on the radio said Williams over Rogers, because there is no way I would ever do that deal. Williams is the real talent, Rogers will be average, but until they get a real QB I guess it won't matter anyway, right? Damn, why the hell do we still have Joey? Done.

Well, that is all for now, I will try to check back later if I can. Later - the sports dude.

Blogger the sports dude said...

I agree, like I said, it was all hypothetical anyhow! But yeah, if they move him, it would be a team out of theier division.

Thank you for agreeing with me on the Williams/Rogers thing. Like I said, you know what you got with Williams, I just believe Rogers is going to be a "superstar". Sorry, don't see it! Plus, he went to that fake college, what is it called again? The name seems to have slipped my mind!

Later - T.S.D.  

~

Blogger Dan Joseph said...

Please, Millen, don't trade for Moss. We have enough issues with football in Detroit without a nutcase running around Ford Field. I beg of you.  

~

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?