Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Thursday, November 18, 2004 at 3:34 PM

Let the Ohio State bashing begin!

Well, not yet, but there is a funny band out there that I think you all should know about. They are a little known punk band from none other than the state of Ohio called The Dead Schembechlers. You can visit their website here. As the name obviously leads on, they are an anti-Wolverine punk band that dresses up like Woody Hayes when they plays! (Sorry, I couldn't resist the rhyme there, but anyway...) They just did an interview on the Stoney and Wojo show on WDFN the fan, and it was funny enough for me to do the research and look into the bands website. All in all the lead singer was rather entertaining, much like any self proclaimed Buckeye fan is this time of year. I think he was clearly under the influence of something at the time, after all he did say that Woody Hayes spoke to him and made him found the band! None the less, he was a very "clever" little fellow, and just like all Buckeye fans, easy to laugh at and make fun of.

I love this time of year, I have an aunt and uncle who live in Ohio, are unfortunately Ohio State fans, and this week is fun for us to trade jabs back and forth. Occasionally we will get together for the games, some years going to their house and others they travel up here, but this year we are staying home. In those years there are constant phone conversations throughout the game, as our long distance bill goes through the roof for the month of November! But that is what makes this game so fun, people like that, situations like that, where you can trade friendly jabs back and forth.

Well, I will dive more into the rivalry tomorrow, as well as make my predictions and all that jazz, until then I have to do some more research into this crazy little punk band, as well as start my own. What do you think the name should be:

- "Bring back the Coopers"
- "Buy me some recruits Tressel"
- "Jim Tressel and the Sweater Vests"
- "Woody Hayes Maize and Blues"

Post a comment if you think of any other funny ones and I will consider using it and letting you in the band! Until then, keep reading, keep breathing and keep laughing - the sports dude!

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?