Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 9:57 AM

Tired? Bored? Pissed? Take your pick.

You know what the defining moment for me was that pretty much sums up this stretch run is over? Was it in the third or fourth quarter yesterday when Shaq blocked a shot, recovered it and raced down the court with it for a lay up? That right there tells me that the Pistons have just logged too much basketball over the last four years. This is there fourth straight trip to the Eastern Conference Finals and sandwiched in between was two trips to the Finals. Look, I am not trying to take anything away from the Heat, as much as it pains me to say they are more deserving right now, but when a 7'2" guy that goes at least 350 is the fastest man on the floor something tells me the other team is pretty tired!

I think what bothers me the most is they are going to lose to a team with Payton and Walker on it, those two have always been some of the biggest asses in the NBA in my book for as long as I can remember. I have no issues with Shaq, none with Wade, it is just those to that burn me up.

Yes I will mention the officiating, it has been wretched at best, but I put more blame on the players because you still have to shoot better than 35% to win right? What, are the Pistons trying to help the Palace out by giving them some extra bricks for the renovations that are going on right now? Yes the ref's have not been to kind but you can't allow your opponent to shoot 50-60% night in and night out either right?

Yes Flip has his flaws but the players still have to execute, shut their god damn mouths and stop being such pu**ies, make a freaking basket and play some defense! Remember that, your so called staple, defense? This is not even about Flip, this is more on the players.

Only a few guys that are untouchable if you ask me on this team and I put them in order like this... Tayshaun, Chauncey, Rip and McDyess. Sorry, maybe it is time for Ben to just go and see if there are any takers for Sheed. Something tells me Sheed will be fine, which is okay, but this playoff run definitely solidifies what I have said many times before... Ben is not a max contract guy and if that is what he wants then let him get it somewhere else. Besides, you all know the summer will be filled with Garnett rumors right?

Part of me wants to see them do this, pull this 3-1 deficit out, but part of me just wants the misery to end so they can get some time off, get some rest and come back next year and start all over again. I have learned over the years that until you get 4 on these guys to never count them out, but then again, I have never seen them this tired.

All in all I would like to say thanks for the ride boys, I guess I have no choice but to pay attention to the Tigers now. Later - the sports dude.

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?