Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Friday, June 24, 2005 at 8:35 AM

Thank you Pistons.

First let me say this will be short, I am leaving work today early so I can get on the road. Basically I have 2 days worth of crap to do in about four hours here. I would love to break the game down, but there is no time. It pretty much came down to the last five minutes, Spurs made shots, the Pistons didn't and the season is over. All I would like to say is thank you guys, it was fun. No that is not a sarcastic thank you, but an honest to goodness, bottom of my heart thanks. I have enjoyed watching you overcome huge odds, defy history time and time again and would like to say thanks for the memories and all the near heart attacks you gave me.

Lastly I would like to say this fans, this team is down for this year but not out. Something tells me that, Larry Brown or no Larry Brown, this team will have a great coach next year. Do you really think Joe D. will follow up LB with a hack? I think not. Also, I know Joe will look at the lack of a bench and tweak where it is necessary. Arroyo, Campbell, Ham, Dupree - those four, if you ask me, are all gone. If Campbell decides to not retire, then bring him back, but otherwise no thanks. They need a real guard off the bench, I was never sold on Arroyo. They also need another small forward type scorer, maybe a healthy Delfino, maybe a free agent. Either way, I think Joe will do the necessary things to rebuild and get us back.

How about a little day dreaming here for a second? Larry leaves, Flip Saunders gets hired and Joe D. pulls off the ultimate deal - Darko, Arroyo, Dupree, Delfino (some combo of that) straight up for Kevin Garnett. Yes, day dreams are fun, and it is definitely a dream.

Lastly, I would like to close with this - these five starters will win another championship, that is all but a guarantee. The hunger next year will be even stronger, and even though other teams will retool during the off season, this still will be the best starting five in all of basketball - it just needs a better bench.

Well, thanks guys, it was fun, now I got to go in vacation too! Later and talk to you all in a week - the sports dude.

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?