Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Friday, June 17, 2005 at 10:36 AM

Two down, two to go.

Well, there really is not too much for me to say this morning about the game, if that is what you want to call it. I spent the second half at a local sports bar, drinking 24 ounce "Bass" and throwing back a couple yaeger bombs to boot! Needless to say I am feeling a little bit of what the Spurs are feeling this morning - shit faced, light headed, confused and sick to my stomach. That game was over before it started, what an amazing thing it was to watch.

Now, let me say this, I am only partially excited. Yes it was great to see game #3 and that passion carry over to an even bigger game #4. However, believe it or not folks, the Spurs still have the upper hand here. If Detroit loses game #5 they have no chance in hell in winning both in San Antonio. Call me a doubter, call me a "hater", call me whatever you choose, but history says it all. They have not won there in 10 years, they didn't even show up there for games #1 and #2, and they can not be expected to win both if they lose game #5. Look, I love my boys as much as the next, but even though they love to play with their backs against the walls, losing game #5 would basically take that wall and lay it on top of the Pistons bodies. Say what you want, but I won't get excited until they win game #5 - that is, if they do.

So, to sum up, here is what I think, and it is pretty obvious so go ahead and make fun of me if you want. Lose game #5, ZERO CHANCE IN HELL OF REPEATING!!!! Win game #5 and you have a better chance of repeating, but damn man - figure out a way to play in San Antonio! You know, like make sure you guys actually show up!

That is why I hate the NBA and this TV money crap that David Stern whores out for, it is killing the Pistons momentum here! The Spurs now have an extra day to rest, to stew and to make adjustments. Someone explain to me why we aren't playing Saturday? Because David Stern is a money whore and wants the Sunday night TV money! Damn, I hate that! And no, this is not a conspiracy theory thing about him trying to get the Pistons, the schedule was made before the Pistons were even in the Finals. This is just a "I hate David Stern and his whore like ways when it comes to money" thing, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, I am leaving now. There really is no excitement here from the sports dude, other than to say it was nice to see the Pistons show up finally. But, like I said, lose game #5 and it is all for nothing. Later - the sports dude.

Blogger Ian C. said...

I agree with you. Game 5 seems like a must-win for Detroit. I never would've thought the Pistons could beat the Spurs in four straight games, but I think they'll have to do it to win the series. Another Game 7 on the road would not be a good idea. Definitely don't like the chances there.  

~

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?