Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 9:48 AM

One game, one shot, one more time.

Okay, call me a slappy, but damn it guys - can you not do anything the traditional way? You know, win the easy way and save me from taking all this heart medication after each quarter you play? If you take away the "brain freeze" that Rasheed had with 5.8 seconds left in overtime, the Pistons have played better and been the better team for four straight games now. Obviously, they were much better than the Spurs in games #3 and #4, all but blowing them out of the water. They had a four point lead with a little over a minute left in O.T. in game #5, but were unable to convert and then we all know that 'Sheed melted down. Now, they got game #6 under their belts. That is four straight games where they have out played the Spurs, minus 5.8 seconds. How huge is that 5.8 seconds? Well, I will have to get back to you about that on Friday.

But, being a Piston fan, we all know that "this is what they do." I just wish they would do it a little differently, because my heart really does need a break! I guess all I can say is, if the Pistons continue to dominate the way they have, and yes I say dominate because even though the scores have been close they have clearly been better than the Spurs. Like I was saying, if the Pistons continue to dominate like this I see no reason why they will not make history again, defy the odds and win this damn thing. They just keep defying the odds, staving off elimination when it seems impossible to do, and just continue to make history for themselves. Say what you want, but win or lose game #7, if anyone says this team is a "fluke" I will personally hunt them down and punch them in the mouth. Why? Because "this is what we do" here in the "D" - we stand by our team, the team that has always been doubted, and we protect it. There is no way you can justify using the word "fluke" now with these guys. They love to have it the hard way, they love the backs so far against the wall it is suffocating us thing and they love to give me heart attacks a few times a week. One more game boys, are you up for it? Something tells me they are, something tells me they are.

Now, one side note on the game here, all I can say is I am glad that Danny Crawford can not officiate game #7. He was in there last night, which means it was his second finals game, which means he is done. Look, believe it or not, I really like the way this Finals has been called, I am not crying and complaining about the overall series here. But when I saw Danny Crawford was out there last night I decided to watch him just as much as the game. Final conclusion from that? Yeah, he's a Piston hater, for what reason I don't know. The tech he gave on the Pistons during a time out at their bench. It is a time out for Christ's sake, you can say whatever you want to your team during those! But nope, he gave them the tech for smarting off in their huddle. Rasheed's fifth foul, where Robert Horry drove to the lane and tripped on his own feet, remember that? Nope, Rasheed had his hand on his back, so clearly Horry was pushed over. Look, I am a six foot white guy that is 160 wet and that hand Rasheed had on Horry would not have even knocked me down! How the hell could it knock down Horry? Danny Crawford, that's how. I could go on, but this paragraph is already too long as it is. All I can say is good-bye Danny, glad we don't have to see you anymore this year.

The next side note on the game is I knew they would force a game #7, I just knew it. You want to know why? Because I am leaving on vacation Friday afternoon, heading up north to the family cottage in the middle of nowhere. Thursday night is going to be a huge packing night for me, so I just knew they would force me to pack while I watch the game. You know what that means? I'll get to the cottage on Friday night, go to unpack my clothes, and find out I was so distracted by the game I packed my wife's shit in my suitcase, not mine. Well, I guess if you are going to cross dress it may as well be in the middle of nowhere where no one can see you. Scary sight, huh, me in a tube top? Let's just keep it to ourselves all right?

Well, go Pistons and hopefully I will have a few moments to post again Friday before I take off, later! The sports dude-ette!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my name's Krista Latham, and I'm a reporter from the Detroit Free press. I'm looking for bloggers who write about the Pistons to interview for a story. Interested? E-mail me today at latham@freepress.com and we can set up an interview.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

danny crawford is not a piston hater... hes a good ref... i would no trust me  

~

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?