Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 1:04 PM

Breaking News Type Stuff.

Just for the hell of it, I took a break and wandered around ESPN.com. Here are a couple stories that caught my eye.

Emmitt Smith set to retire. Not that I really care, but I grew up a Barry Sanders fan. Emmitt was a good running back, but not the best of his time. That, to me, will always be Barry Sanders. Barry got his yards all by himself - no O-Line, no QB, nothing. Emmitt always had the best - pretty boy Troy Aikmen throwing to coke head Michael Irvin running behind a huge, coked up O-Line. But Barry, he had mediocre lineman and not too great QB's ( Ware, Peete, Kramer, Mitchel, Batch ). To me the record should have been Barry's and he would have done it quicker than Emmitt. Shit, put Barry on those Dallas teams and he would have had 2,000 yards every year easy! To me Emmitt was good, not great and DEFINITELY out stayed his welcome. Glad to see him go.

Sosa deal one step closer; Cubs close to signing Burnitz. Why is this important to Tiger fans? If the Cubs sign Burnitz they are most likely out of the race for Magglio Ordonez. Enough said! Later - the sports dude!

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?