Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Friday, January 28, 2005 at 9:10 AM

Friday Morning Quickies.

Man, there have been a lot of quickies around here lately, I hope my wife ain't seeing this! Anyway, here is the list:

Quickie #1 - Disney is stopping, at least for right now, the "I am going to Disneyland" ad campaign. I guess it will be weird not to see Brady do it after his Super Bowl win this year, huh? Wait, did I say that? Sorry, just slipped out. In all honesty I am sad to see it go, even though it was kind of sappy and cheesy, it was still almost like a tradition, you know? Hey, can Disney get rid of Jarrod the Subway Subs guy next?

Quickie #2 - Tom Brady is uneasy about being compared to Joe Montana. That is why I love the dude, he is so damn humble it makes you sick sometime! He does, however, think it is funny that one of his receivers, Troy Brown, has a kid who says Brady is his favorite player - over his own dad! If I was Troy Brown, I would be cutting off someone's allowance, you know what I mean?!?! But seriously, that is the Lloyd Carr and U of M in Brady - just a great guy!

Quickie #3 - Nothing new about Maggs, but here is a Fox Sports Net article talking more about it. Nothing new on the front just yet, but we will keep you posted. It would be a huge signing for the Tigers and I hope he is healthy, they have the health in the contract and that they pull it off! A healthy Maggs would be huge in the middle of the line up!

Quickie #4 - the Pistons all but bitched slapped the Pacers last night in Indiana, beating them 88-76 at Conseco Fieldhouse. The game sent, yet again, a message to the Pacers "You want it you still got to go through us!". Sorry, even with Ron Artest the Pacers are not better then the Pistons. Hopefully these last two games will be a sign of things to come in the second half, and I think they will. The Pistons know what is at stake here and I think their "coasting" days are over. Expect a lot more winning and a lot more "D" back in the "D". Look out eastern conference, the Pistons are ( finally!!!! ) back.

Well, that is all for now, check back later to see if I felt like typing anything else. Until next time, chow! The sports dude.

Blogger Dan Joseph said...

Ahh yes, Brady. Aside from the fact that he's a Wolverine... oh wait... that's good enough reason to love this guy!  

~

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?