Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 at 10:43 AM

March Madness Picks - just in time!!!!

I have been two things this week – extremely busy and some what lazy when it comes to the old blog here. I have missed the Sanchez release (good move) as well as some other things, but that is life. However, just sneaking in under the wire is my official NCAA Bracket, so have a look.

I know very little about college basketball this year, very little indeed. In fact, I probably have watched a combined total of ten minutes of college basketball all year. Those minutes were all by accident, mind you, due to there being very little on TV and my thumb deciding it needed a rest from channel surfing. That being said, it is tournament time and I am a sports blogger, so I suppose I should at least throw my picks out there. Laugh if you will, there is no method to my madness, just picking teams based on their names more than anything. That being said, I bring you the sports dudes first annual bracket, presented by yours truly, Luke Walton’s Forehead, so here we go:

Chicago Regional (Round One):
Illinois over Far. Dickinson
Nevada over Texas
Wisconsin/Milwaukee over Alabama
BC over Penn
UAB over LSU
Arizona over Utah State
Southern Illinois over St. Mary’s Calif.
Oklahoma St. over SE Louisiana

Round Two:
Illinois over Nevada
Wisc/Milw over BC
Arizona over UAB
Oklahoma St. over S. Illinois

Round Three:
Illinois over Wisc/Milw.
Arizona over Oklahoma St.

Winner of Chicago Regional = Illinois over Arizona.

Albuquerque Regional (Round One):
Washington over Montana
Pittsburgh over Pacific
George Washington over Georgia Tech
Louisville over La.-Lafayette
UCLA over Texas Tech
Gonzaga over Winthrop
Creighton over W. Virginia
Wake Forest over Chattanooga

Round Two:
Pitt over Washington
Louisville over GW
Gonzaga over UCLA
Wake over Creighton

Round Three:
Louisville over Pitt
Wake over Gonzaga

Winner of Albuquerque Regional = Louisville over Wake Forest.

Syracuse Regional (Round One):
UNC over Oakland (really wanted to put Oakland to be funny!)
Iowa St. over Minnesota
New Mexico over Villanova
Florida over Ohio
Wisconsin over Northern Illinois
Kansas over Bucknell
N. Carolina St. over Charlotte
UConn over Central Florida

Round Two:
UNC over Iowa St.
Florida over New Mexico
Wisconsin over Kansas
UConn over NC State

Round Three:
UNC over Florida
UConn over Wisconsin

Winner of Syracuse Regional = UNC over UConn

Austin Regional (Round One):
Duke over Delaware St.
Stanford over Mississippi St.
MSU over Old Dominion (really think MSU will lose, just being nice!)
Syracuse over Vermont
UTEP over Utah
Oklahoma over Niagara
Iowa over Cincinnati
Kentucky over E. Kentucky

Round Two:
Duke over Stanford
Syracuse routs/embarrasses/kills MSU
UTEP over Oklahoma
Kentucky over Iowa

Round Three:
Duke over Syracuse
Kentucky over UTEP

Winner of Austin Regional = Duke over Kentucky

So, my Final Four stands at:
UNC against Duke
Louisville against Illinois

Well, I am going to say my finals will be:
UNC against Louisville

NCAA Champ = UNC.

That is all, I am sure most will laugh, but these picks come from and uneducated basketball fan. Later – the sports dude.

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?