Luke Waltons Forehead presented by the Sports Dude.

Friday, October 22, 2004 at 11:14 AM

It's a miracle... part 2.... part2?!?!?

Well, like I stated earlier in another post, I lost an entire post from yesterday with this title - except now I added another part 2 because this is truly the second time that I have posted about this. This one will be shorter, due to time constraints, but the point will still be the same.

Yes, the above miracle is being mentioned about the Red Soxs miracle come back against the Yankees, the Evil Empire of baseball if you will. I am, like most people not from New York or named Steinbrenner, a Yankee hater, plain and simple. My point though yesterday was simply this - what the Red Sox did now changes sports FOREVER! Think about this folks, in any sport, whether it be baseball, basketball, hockey, whatever - if there is a best of seven format, the rules have now changed forever. If a team is down, 3-0, in said best of seven series, no one can ever - EVER - utter the words that this thing is just about wrapped up, in the books, all but done. The proof is in the pudding folks, all you have to do is say the following statement "The 2004 Red Sox came back from 3-0 against the Yankees, why can't our team do the same?". By doing what they did, any team from now on that is up 3-0, in any sport, will be reminded of the fact that it has been done before, it could be done again, and that no series is truly won until someone gets that fourth victory. Point in case, sports has been rewritten for the better - and it makes it a little sweeter that it was done against the Evil Empire, doesn't it?

My other point was that this has been an amazing year for champions. First we had my beloved Pistons and their montra "Play the right way", a true team doing what teams do - displaying teamwork - flattening the star studded Lakers in the first five game sweep in sports history. Now, the amazing, first time ever, come from 3-0 down series victory by the bean town boys, it doesn't get any better does it? Even the NHL with the small time Tampa Bay Lightning, the NFL with the Patriots, it is a great time in sports if you ask me.

Well, that is all for now, I shall return later to preview the weekend and give hints about next weeks topics, until then, read on and wait for more my friends - the sports dude.

Post a Comment




referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Web Counter
PlayStation 2 Games
Who links to me?


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?